You are in control of your birth! Midwives listen to the needs of mother and accommodate her wishes. Midwives help you feel safe.
You have a much lower chance of experiencing unnecessary medical procedures, with outcomes that are just as safe, compared to healthy mothers and babies birthing in hospital.
• When you feel safe your body responds with a normal efficient labor pattern, which leads to less pain, less intervention and a natural birth.
• Women who feel safe and supported are less likely to need pain medication.
• Women who plan for a homebirth have an exceptionally low chance of needing a cesarean.
• The most gentle birth experience for the baby. Midwives are mother-hearted, compassionate and loving.
• Babies are NEVER separated from their mothers.
• Delayed cord clamping gives your baby a better immune system.
• One-to-one care with your chosen midwife. Midwifery care begins early in pregnancy and lasts through 6 weeks postpartum.
• Homevisits in the tender postpartum time.
• Midwives help with breastfeeding support in your home.
• Your home; your germs. No hospital germs!
• Fathers and siblings have a much calmer and more intimate experience during the labor, birth and postpartum time.
• The whole family is together to bond with the new baby.